Skip to main content

Toilet Paper Roll Birthday Cake

This was a fun cake to do.  At first I really wasn't sure how it would turn out.  In the end I thought it was hilarious.


So, I started off with an 8" two layer square vanilla base tier.  The filling was raspberry mascarpone mousse.  It is so good!  Then I covered it using the grass tip to look like carpet with buttercream icing.  I would have used the filling but I didn't drain out the seeds and they would have clogged up the tip.  It wouldn't have been pretty.  Instead I dyed it to match the filling as close as possible to make pink shag carpet.

For the toilet paper roll I did a 6" 3 layer cake and covered it in fondant.  I added an extra piece of fondant to make it look like the paper was unraveling.  On the top I added a black circle of fondant to look like the empty space from the roll.  Lastly, I took a toothpick and spun the cake around to make the indentations of a "roll" of toilet paper.

The signs I made out of fondant.  In the picture I was sent the signs were made out of paper but I made these the night before and had time to harden.  It probably would have taken me just as long to make them out of paper anyway.

Mr. T was my delivery man for this cake out to Hampton.  Which was fine by him because it meant he got to get out of the house of madness for a few hours and stop by on his way home at a 7-Eleven to get a Slurpee.  

Now onto doing up all the cupcakes and cake for Grandma Joyce's big bash tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pony Pull Apart Cupcake Cake

For this "cake" I made two dozen vanilla cupcakes and arranged them on the cake board in the shape of the rainbow and clouds.  To make sure the cupcakes didn't move I added a dab of icing on the bottom of each cupcake. It's not that often that I get to dye icing, or six different colours at once.  You can get a really good bicep workout, Miss E was kind enough to lend her figurines as models for the picture.  The clouds piped out perfectly.  The rainbow was a little more difficult.  Next time I would put a base coat on the cupcakes to help keep the top coat more level and easier to pipe over.

Carrot Cake for July Birthdays

To celebrate my dad and brother's birthdays this year we went up to my parents' trailer to have a campfire dinner; hotdogs over the fire with a side of corn on the cob.  So good! To finish off the celebration I made one of the family favourites, carrot cake with cream cheese icing.    This was a 3 layer six inch cake with lots of cream cheese icing.  Hopefully, it was enough for Geoff this time.  

60th Jack Daniels Birthday Cake

 These types of cakes are so much fun to do.  Over the top goodness!  Especially, when the original plan  was to use airplane size bottles of Jack Daniel's instead of one 300mL bottle.  When Mr T went to the LCBO he was told that they longer sell them, at least as this location, due to high theft.  The next smallest size available was the 300mL bottle; though I doubt the birthday boy was disappointed! This was a 3 layer chocolate 8" cake with Bailey's buttercream topped off with Hershey pieces, mini chocolate chip cookies, Ferrero Rocher and Whoppers sitting on top of the chocolate ganache.