Several months ago I was asked to make cupcakes for a wedding. These were going to be used for the guest bombonieres. On top of the cupcakes they requested a skull for decoration. I still haven't asked the significance of this...if I find out I will update the post.
Now, when I agreed to make the skull, I thought it would be an easy task and procrastinated getting supplies ready. I did have one silicon mold that had 4 skulls and 4 cross-bones. I foolishly assumed that I could go back out last weekend and easily pick up a few more or another type of skull mold. When I came up empty I began to panic wondering how I was going to make 168 white chocolate skulls with only one mold. I did the math and figure it would be 41 batches of 4. I had five nights to make them.
My life at home has revolved around 25 minute increments. That's exactly how long they took to chill in the fridge, empty and start over again. In a few minutes I will be pulling out the last batch. Woohoo! Only had one mishap; I took them out at 20 minutes instead of 25. Some of the skulls are missing teeth, but I'll go with that it adds charm.
I did 7 dozen of chocolate and 7 dozen of vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing dyed a mossy/clover green to hopefully match the colour of the bridesmaids dresses.
It is quite humid right now that the liners are coming off from the cupcakes on their own. Mr. T, my delivery man is delivering them for me this evening so I can finish decorating a cake for a baby shower at work tomorrow.