Skip to main content

Wedding Cake - Mr & Mrs Stafford

Last weekend Krumbs catered a wedding at the Newcastle town hall. I got to do the wedding cake and cupcakes.  Miss E was staying with my parents so I was able to work Friday night and finish Saturday morning without any distractions.  Mr T took himself to bed super early on Friday night, so it was just me and P.S. I Love You playing on the TV while I worked away.


The wedding cake was an 8" and 6" tiered vanilla flavoured cake with salted caramel filling.  Purple is a really hard colour to do for me in fondant.  I really don't understand it.  I did see a YouTube video a few days ago that made me feel a lot better.  The instructor said purple was really difficult with Americolor gels.  She uses Wilton gels for purple.  Next, time I will try them out.  I was able to get the purple as dark as I could.  Couldn't quite get it to match the ribbon exactly.  I still how it turned out.

On the way to Newcastle I realised about halfway there I forgot to bring my white cake stand.  For once, we were on time and I had to make a pit stop at the Bowmanville Canadian Tire.  I knew that they had a Cake Boss line so I hoped that they he had a cake stand.  Success! And it's really nice.  I was a little freaked when I got outside the store and saw that it was actually off white.  When I got to the hall and saw the hurricane lamps for the candles on the crisp white table clothes, I was relieved.


I loved this topper that the bride and groom had made. I added all the flowers around it, then took it off for traveling.  Originally I hadn't planned on putting the white pearls in the centres of the flowers.  Then I was only going to add it to a few but Mr T thought it would look better if I did it to all 250 of them.  This is what I get when I ask his opinion, but he was right.


For the cupcakes I made 12 dozen mini; 4 in lemon with cream cheese icing, 4 in chocolate with chocolate fudge icing and 4 in cookies & cream with buttercream icing.  These awesome trays from Dollarama no less were perfect for serving them in.  Thanks to Krumbs for lending me the trays.  I went out a bought my own set last week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pony Pull Apart Cupcake Cake

For this "cake" I made two dozen vanilla cupcakes and arranged them on the cake board in the shape of the rainbow and clouds.  To make sure the cupcakes didn't move I added a dab of icing on the bottom of each cupcake. It's not that often that I get to dye icing, or six different colours at once.  You can get a really good bicep workout, Miss E was kind enough to lend her figurines as models for the picture.  The clouds piped out perfectly.  The rainbow was a little more difficult.  Next time I would put a base coat on the cupcakes to help keep the top coat more level and easier to pipe over.

Carrot Cake for July Birthdays

To celebrate my dad and brother's birthdays this year we went up to my parents' trailer to have a campfire dinner; hotdogs over the fire with a side of corn on the cob.  So good! To finish off the celebration I made one of the family favourites, carrot cake with cream cheese icing.    This was a 3 layer six inch cake with lots of cream cheese icing.  Hopefully, it was enough for Geoff this time.  

60th Jack Daniels Birthday Cake

 These types of cakes are so much fun to do.  Over the top goodness!  Especially, when the original plan  was to use airplane size bottles of Jack Daniel's instead of one 300mL bottle.  When Mr T went to the LCBO he was told that they longer sell them, at least as this location, due to high theft.  The next smallest size available was the 300mL bottle; though I doubt the birthday boy was disappointed! This was a 3 layer chocolate 8" cake with Bailey's buttercream topped off with Hershey pieces, mini chocolate chip cookies, Ferrero Rocher and Whoppers sitting on top of the chocolate ganache.