I've typed out the word pterodactyl so many times I don't think I will ever forget how to spell it now that I've learned it. This was an interesting cake to plot out. I wanted to have the least amount of waste as possible and was able to get all the cut outs needed with two 10" round cakes of red velvet.
Victor insisted on a red pterodactyl. Thankfully I had enough red fondant on hand. The fondant hides all the seams where the cake pieces join together.
Love how the teeth turned out. I took small pieces of white fondant and shaped them into little sharp teeth.
Victor was delighted with his cake.