Skip to main content

Alexa and Richard's Wedding Cake

Today was my baby cousin's wedding.  Alexa was my junior bridesmaid 22 years ago.  I was so happy to be asked to do their cake and mini cupcakes for their special day.


When I went to do the cake, I realised too late that I didn't have a black cake board which was what I was planning on using.  Fortunately, I had a thin silver one but it didn't match the vibe of the fall theme.  I was able to dive into my vinyl stash and covered the board in gold vinyl.  

The cake topper I made using my Cricut.  Silk flowers and fall-themed picks were added to the top


Caught the bride and groom in the background checking out the reception room while I was setting up the cake.

Cake: 6" 3-layer chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing


We moved to another room after the dinner for dancing and to my surprise the venue had already set up the mini cupcakes.  The vanilla cupcakes had rainbow sprinkles mixed in.  The plan was to add sprinkles on top when they were being served as I didn't want the sprinkles to bleed but that didn't happen.  I was so sad at first but it didn't bother the bride and groom, so I got over it.  Ha! :) 


These chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing and a mini Reese's cup on top were my favourite.  Awesome combination.


Cookies and cream with vanilla buttercream and mini Oreo on top were also a hit.


I originally dreaded the thought of making several dozen little carrots out of fondant but then I remembered that I had seen these orange candies in the Bulk Barn.  They are called baby tears I believe and come in various colours.  I very meticulously scooped out only orange ones. Hehe.

Congratulations Alexa & Richard!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pony Pull Apart Cupcake Cake

For this "cake" I made two dozen vanilla cupcakes and arranged them on the cake board in the shape of the rainbow and clouds.  To make sure the cupcakes didn't move I added a dab of icing on the bottom of each cupcake. It's not that often that I get to dye icing, or six different colours at once.  You can get a really good bicep workout, Miss E was kind enough to lend her figurines as models for the picture.  The clouds piped out perfectly.  The rainbow was a little more difficult.  Next time I would put a base coat on the cupcakes to help keep the top coat more level and easier to pipe over.

Carrot Cake for July Birthdays

To celebrate my dad and brother's birthdays this year we went up to my parents' trailer to have a campfire dinner; hotdogs over the fire with a side of corn on the cob.  So good! To finish off the celebration I made one of the family favourites, carrot cake with cream cheese icing.    This was a 3 layer six inch cake with lots of cream cheese icing.  Hopefully, it was enough for Geoff this time.  

60th Jack Daniels Birthday Cake

 These types of cakes are so much fun to do.  Over the top goodness!  Especially, when the original plan  was to use airplane size bottles of Jack Daniel's instead of one 300mL bottle.  When Mr T went to the LCBO he was told that they longer sell them, at least as this location, due to high theft.  The next smallest size available was the 300mL bottle; though I doubt the birthday boy was disappointed! This was a 3 layer chocolate 8" cake with Bailey's buttercream topped off with Hershey pieces, mini chocolate chip cookies, Ferrero Rocher and Whoppers sitting on top of the chocolate ganache.